The Office of Academic Accessibility (OAA) employs student note takers to assist in providing access to students with note taking accommodations. Being a student note taker can bolster a resume, provide for community engagement, and allow a student to learn more about effective note taking strategies!
Read what previous note takers for the Office of Academic Accessibility have stated about their experience.
Aly Pagano,’20, Environmental Studies major and Spanish minor
“Being a note taker as not only provided me with the encouragement to be diligent in my classes, but it has allowed me to give back to my Bulldog community. Taking notes for other students is an enriching experience that helps greatly in bridging gaps in styles of learning. It is an honor to be a part of a program that provides equal opportunities for all students, across all disciplines, from every walk of life. Working with the OAA has been an incredible experience and I would encourage all to explore note taking as a way to become involved with your Bulldog family.”
Interested in Becoming a Note Taker?
- Review the linked Responsibilities of a Note Taker document.
- After review, please schedule a note taking meeting with the Office of Academic Accessibility and Select “Note Taking Meeting.”
Resources for Current Note Takers
- Tax and Direct Deposit Documents
- I-9 Form (must be completed to work for UNCA)
- Link to Human Resources Appointment Calendar
- Note Taking Invoice Document (Follow the instructions listed on the linked Google Doc to complete an invoice for each pay period).
- How to Upload Notes to Bulldog Access, Video